Since 2009, Hope Operas has been doing good by doing theatre, and now we’ve been designated a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. This designation means that, as a theatre fan (or just a fan of supporting worthy charities,) you can get a tax benefit by helping us help others in the community. You can do this by donating cash, goods, services, stocks, or annuities to help us produce our upcoming season. Fun ways to help us out might include:
- Buying tickets to our whole season for your office or social group;
- Donating your services as a caterer, photographer, makeup artist, videographer, or costumer to help us make a show or event more magical;
- Using your professional media relations savvy to help us gain exposure with local media to drive ticket sales;
- Donating ad space in your publication;
- Hosting your own theatre-themed fundraiser;
- Presenting us with a bucket of cash or a comically-large check; or
- Renting us your performance space at the special reduced rate you give to non-profits… or better yet, giving us the space for free as a tax write off.
The 2015 season, Hope Operas: A New Hope, will kick off in October and will feature five entirely new plays, benefiting charities from around the Metro DC area. Show Dates are Oct 5, 12, 19, 26, at a venue that will be announced soon.
About Hope Operas
Every year, Hope Operas brings together approximately 60 theatre artists to create five new works to raise money for five worthy causes.
The shows are presented in serial format: On the first night, the audience sees the first episode (10-15 minutes) of all five. A week later, they see the second episode, and so on.
Each show raises money for a different worthy cause. Audiences vote for their favorite show each evening–the show with the most votes raises the most money for its nonprofit.
It’s theatre, it’s competition, it’s for a good cause… and it’s hilarious! Join us for Hope Operas 2015!